Forum

Skip to forum content

Herps of Arkansas: Forum

Discussions of Reptiles and Amphibians

You are not logged in. Please login or register.

Post new reply

Herps of Arkansas: Forum → Q and A → Froglet Help → Post new reply

Post new reply

Compose and post your new reply

You may use: BBCode Images Smilies

All fields with bold label must be completed before the form is submitted.

Required information for guests

Required information

Topic review (newest first)

Ft. Smith is not in the range for Bird-voiced, but this is one of the Gray Treefrog complex (Hyla chrysoscelis/versicolor).  Feeding at this stage can be a bit tricky, but pinhead crickets and/or flightless fruit flies are probably your best bet.  Good luck.

Hey all,
So my kids and I fished out two tadpoles from the kiddie pool in the backyard in August. They took forever to develop and I now know it was probably due to the water not being as warm as it was outside but one of them has developed all 4 legs and the other has 3, watching close to see if the 2nd front leg makes an appearance tomorrow as the first front leg just showed up since yesterday. Anyways i am attatching bad cell phone pics of my little froglet to see if anyone can identify? Is it too soon to know what kind of frog I have? I have looked through the frog pictures here and only the bird voiced tree frog looks close but I saw a tadpole picture of one somewhere else and they didn’t resemble mine so idk. I had planned on releasing them in spring as I was worried it would be too cold now to release...I have frog and tadpole food from petco but was wondering once the tail is fully absorbed should I be using crickets?

Herps of Arkansas: Forum → Q and A → Froglet Help → Post new reply

Currently installed 3 official extensions. Copyright © 2003–2009 PunBB.