Topic: News - Tarantulas Migrating To Breed

Tarantulas Migrating To Breed

Kory Roberts: Email | Facebook | Flickr | YouTube

Re: News - Tarantulas Migrating To Breed

As many as I saw this late Spring/Summer, I am almost afraid to go road cruise..LOL
(Note: I said "ALMOST")  I may have to head out this weekend for a little herping, it's been awhile.

I'm about to have an abruptly.

3 (edited by Patrick 2011-09-26 02:50 pm)

A biology student just brought me in a male A. hentzi he found at Heber Springs this weekend. Too bad my female isn't old enough for mating yet.

I am the Earth. Please stop hurting me. I want us to once again live in harmony. As One. Remember! Live with heart...we need to be in balance with nature!

Want any scorpions? lol

I'm about to have an abruptly.

I saw a male crossing the road just the other day.

amercnwmn wrote:

Want any scorpions? lol

I find them in my house all the freaking time.. amazing people pay money for them at petco, I've sent many into the trash. Better than spiders IMO, but my wife hates them.

amercnwmn wrote:

Want any scorpions? lol

Do you know the species?

I am the Earth. Please stop hurting me. I want us to once again live in harmony. As One. Remember! Live with heart...we need to be in balance with nature!

Patrick wrote:

Do you know the species?

Pretty sure we only have one native species:

http://www.uark.edu/ua/arthmuse/scorpion.html

9 (edited by Patrick 2011-09-30 12:53 pm)

kaptainkory wrote:
Patrick wrote:

Do you know the species?

Pretty sure we only have one native species:

http://www.uark.edu/ua/arthmuse/scorpion.html

Thanks for the link. I have never encountered any of these guys out in the wild.

I rented a cabin on the Northwestern side of Beaver Lake several years ago. Within minutes of our arrival my son and I were busy looking for all creatures large and small. We seemed to find two different types of scorpions, but it may have only been color variations of that one species. Some loked like the ones in the link, but the other ones were smaller almost colored like the slate rock in the area. the smaller darker ones seemed a lot more amped up. A lot more threat displays and a lot more speed. We found lots of them quite easily and emerged w/o any stings.