Topic: Spring trip potential dates

Its not too early to start thinking about the spring trip. Any of the April weekends would be good, but I am voting for the 28th, due to us having all the kids, and they missed the last two trips. Also, the last weekend will surely be warm enough for more herps to be out.  But, we (Kim and I), will of course go along with the majority vote. The weekend of the 14th would also work for us (we have the kids). If you know this far ahead when you can or can't go, please post your vote here. Also, I have talked to Kelly Irwin of AGFC, and he has a couple of things he wants us to look for in southeast Arkansas. That said, I talked with Geoff Wright, (the head interpreter at Cane Creek state park), and he had offered reduced or possibly free camping as long as we survey the park for herps. This park and it's surrounding areas are poorly surveyed herp wise, and in between the park, AGFC, ANHC and corps land, there is no shortage of good spots. Please vote for your favorite weekend in April as soon as you can. Cane creek is a popular park, and Geoff says the sooner we reserve, the better. Thank you for your input on this matter.

Tobin

"Conservation is a state of harmony between men and land".-Aldo Leopold

Re: Spring trip potential dates

Any of them work for me, but I think the 21st or 28th would be for the better.

28th is the best for me.

littlepapoose wrote:

28th is the best for me.

It had better be, lady!  wink

Later the better...28th good

Government is not the solution Government is the PROBLEM...Ronald Reagan

I spoke with Geoff again today, and he says he will be busy with programs on the 21st, but if we come on the 28th, he can go herping with us. He is also going to try and get us a group rate if we want to rent kayaks and hit the lake. He says they have two good ponds, and one has snapping turtles in it and he has seen gators in the lake. I'm bringing my seine and a spotlight.  big_smile

I've missed the last couple so I'm gonna do my best to make this one. Have to check the schedule.

"Milk was a bad choice"- Ron Burgandy

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref … 0175686754

Is it an overnight trip? Ive never been on a trip but would love to go, it will just depend on how my college schedule goes though. Finals week is the first week in May I believe  :-/

Tremors wrote:

Is it an overnight trip? Ive never been on a trip but would love to go, it will just depend on how my college schedule goes though. Finals week is the first week in May I believe  :-/

Well it's up to you. Most folks come Friday afternoon/evening and camp both Friday and Saturday night and head out Sunday. Some people come on Saturday and join the crew for the day. Most of the best herping happens on Saturday. Or you can camp just one night. It is just up to you. We will have a large group camp area with plenty of room and would be glad for you to join us. What college do you attend?

Tobin

Right now I'm at ASU Beebe, but will be transferring to either Harding or UALR soon. It really does sound fun, I can't give a definite answer on weather I will be able to make it or not, because it really depends on my schedule. However I will try my best to make it :-)

BUSHMASTER W30 wrote:

I've missed the last couple so I'm gonna do my best to make this one. Have to check the schedule.

We will be glad for you to join us this go around. I am hoping that this will be a very productive trip.

I hope to make this one. Anytime in April is fine.  I will be retired by then. Yea!!! smile

Ed Black

creature teacher wrote:

I hope to make this one. Anytime in April is fine.  I will be retired by then. Yea!!! smile

It will be good to see you again, Ed. And congratulations on the retirement.

Tobin

Any other votes on a trip date? I am hoping to have an announcement posted by the end of next week.

Tobin