Topic: Bigfootville?!?!

OK..watched this show last night titled just that.I have never heard of any Bigfoot sightings here in this part of the world,but apparently there has been hundreds of them in OK and AR.From about Claremore,OK,down towards Broken Bow,over into Fort Smith and Mena. Has anyone been out in the woods late at night and had someone(thing) throw rocks at 'em? big_smile  Seriously though,have any of you guys over in that part of the world heard of this before?

Braithre Thar Gach Ni

Re: Bigfootville?!?!

I belive they came out with a movie "The Legend of Boggy Creek" or something like that having to do with bigfoot in the Arkansas area. It was an older movie. Who knows

"The legend of Boggy Creek" was about a supposed 'bigfoot' near Fouke, AR, down around Texarkana (ED, any sightings you want to tell us about?).  I have been fascinated by this stuff too...I think its pretty hoky...and have NEVER seen/heard anything that led me to believe there is a bi-pedal mammal like an ape man walkin around in the woods undiscovered...in fact, haven't they pretty much disproved most of the 'sightings' in the northwest..?  That Patterson film from 67, didnt some guy confess on his death bed that they'd made it up..?  Check out  www.bfro.net  some wacky stuff on there.  Somewhere...maybe on that sight...there were some accounts of sightings in NW arkansas...like up around siloam springs or something...anyway...I have always been fascinated with it.  But no, I aint goin 'bigfootin' with you glenn....

Government is not the solution Government is the PROBLEM...Ronald Reagan

Do what?!?!?! :shocked:

I think that after that film in the 60's,the dude took it to his grave ,but one of his buddies said it was fake. We watched a show awhile back where they had a bunch of experts in different fields analyzing that film and other "evidence" and their findings were kind of interesting. The show the other night was based inAR/Ok but never said anything about Boggy Creek,so I'm kinda interested about that. I guess the Seminole Tribe has a name for it as well,plus some wild ideas about the creature. The rock throwing instance I was talking about happened in the woods around Tahlequa. I guess two police officers had seen it,and a Tulsa TV crew went back out into the woods with,equipped with night vision and such. They had stopped ina clearing and were talking when a rock was thrown at them for out in the woods. One of the PD boys swung around with his .40 and jacked a few rounds in the general direction the rock came from(basic gun safety folks). The cops said they were getting the hell outta Dodge,and as they were loading stuff back into the truck,another rock came from the trees and landed in the bed of the truck.The only thing abouot it was that they were mles from civilization down an old goat trail.And I don't think anyone wouls willingly get shot at. But Indounno..I'm still a skeptic. Prety interesting stuff though.

Braithre Thar Gach Ni

I thought the last episode about the rocks being thrown was hokey as well, but I couldnt explain it away either unless the whole dang film crew was in on it and staged the entire thing. Like the thing would just happen to be where they said it was gonna be and the crew just happen to catch this on video. Yeah. Not sayin it didnt happen, but it just leaves a bunch more holes in the story.

Now the one we saw last week or so- where the FBI fingerprint analyst said the castings of the footprints from way back in '67 showed an unmistakable print pattern that cant be faked or asumed its any primate or human. I believed that guy over all of them. He wasnt saying it was Bigfoot, but he said what it "wasnt" and that- to me- says more truth than thick accented trailer-park commentary on a hokey urban legend documentary.

No offense intended to anybody who happens to have an accent OR happens to life in a trailer or has happened to have seen what they believe is a big hairy guy in the woods..... We've all had those days. LOL

Very interesting!  I grew up in Tahlequah OK and still own seventy five acres near the goat trail on the Illinois River.  Many of the people in that area are very superstitious.  There is this odd mixture of Native American and Appellation culture and alot of fear of unknown "things in the woods."  But, from my own experience as a kid running all over those woods hunting snakes and other things,  the only big hairy guys that I ever saw were some of my neighbors. :shocked:

"Thanks for talking to us about snakes.  This was the best day of my life!" Will Shannon, 4th Grade Clinton Intermediate

Hmm....
Seems to me several years ago...95 or 96 or something...our local CBS news here in fort smith sent a reporter over there to somewhere in Indian Territory, err..i mean oklahoma...and did a story on a supposed bigfoot thing...doesnt seem like it was Talequah though...anyway..the reporter that did it was this smarmy, jerk of a guy and i think the locals didnt find too much humor in his report...but the whole segment was basically poking fun of the story and the people in the area that claim to have had encounters with it.   Weird too, this was like one of the guy's last stories, he moved to Oregon soon after it was aired...I always hoped that some 'good ol boy' made a phone call and it scared him so bad he moved!  Anyway...back to the big picture...it just seems odd to me that no one has ever found any bones or other verifiable proof that they exist...other than some grainy video and plaster foot castings...seems like if it was REAL, we'd have some proof now...I mean, we know who 'deep throat' is now, we found the ivory billed woodpecker...c'mon!

Government is not the solution Government is the PROBLEM...Ronald Reagan

I think that this may be a new form of inteligent life. Anyone who can drink alchohal and get around in a big hot suit and avoid being seen, now that is intelligent. JUST KIDING! Thats just the first thing that comes to my mind. But have you ever realized on those movies where people have acounts of seeing bigfeet, the camera is always shakey and blury. Why? Because no one knows for sure what bigfoots(feet) look like. Why? Because we don't have enough similar truthfull descriptions. Remember the btk (the murderer)? His description on America's most wanted was hispanic. You know who they arrested as the btk? A caucasion white male. You might find what is realy big foot, but then people just say that is or isnot. My point, no one is for sure what bigfoot realy looks like, so we may never find him. We might find things close to him, but not every one will think that it is him.

when they tested the A-bomb, they had a real fear
The blast will destroy your sweet atmosphere
But far more important as power increases
Was wasting the planet in well-ordered pieces

I was just telling Glen earlier when he told me about Brad's post asking about the bones....... My opinion is, that if they are intelligent enough to elude being seen conclusively and captured, they're probably smart enough to bury their dead.... or at least hoard the bodies in burial mounds, etc where they know they wont be found. Perhaps the bodies are highly organic...I mean maybe the forest floor would provide a quick decomposition of the remains--  like deer antlers or something...Millions of acres out there that have not been traveled by man, even here in the northern US...who's to say that deep in there- there could be creatures that are soliary and reclusive. So we havent found the body of one yet. They cant get the G&F to recognize the presence of Mountain Lions here in arkansas, its the same basic principal. Just because we havent gotten the verifiable proof doesnt mean they dont exist, we just havent stumbled across a freshly deceased one yet..... ( I dunno about you but I dont really WANT to)

Another thing the first show went on to say, was that IF a bigfoot was shot and brought in to be verified.....and IF they can prove its of the Hominid family........that would be murder.... Would the evidence of this facinating creatures existance be enough to grant immunity to the killer? I wouldnt want that over my head, whether it was my bullet or my jury seat.

The Boggy Creek movie was based on the sightings that occurred in Fouke, AR (near Texarkana) when I was growing up in the 50's and 60's.  I think the stories were fabricated to discourage outsiders from moving into their community.  They use to be a very tight-knit community.

The last time I can remember a discussion about the MONSTER, an acquaintance of mine told me he saw one once.  He ran after it and found hair from the monster on a fence it had crossed.  Of course, this is the same guy who claims to have seen deer glowing in the dark.

Ed Black

This spring I was near the Little River WMA in SE corner of OK with Jadin. We were walking up a small creek looking for herps when he decided to head back to the truck. Well I continued for a few minutes (i was roughly 50-75 meters from the truck). I heard something close by moving around so I started spotlighting the area with no luck. I thought it was a deer at first, but it was kinda moving back and forth in front of me about 20ish meters. As it got closer it sounded more like 2 steps instead of 4. Well being unarmed and semi-alone, I kinda freaked and headed back to the truck. I still don't know what it was, but I know the area I was at is way too thick for me to hike through. I kinda use it as my "bigfoot" story.

P.S

I'm doing great down here in SW Louisiana. I will be back home in about 2 or 3 weeks. Then Melissa and I are moving to Jonesboro. I can't wait to get back to some herping up there with some of yall.

Josh Engelbert

Josh Engelbert
Copan, OK

You mean you didn't take off into the woods to see what it was?!?!?! Man..kids these days!

Braithre Thar Gach Ni